Family Law Attorney Serving Waukesha
Serving Southeastern Wisconsin, Including Milwaukee
The lawyers at Nelson & Davis, LLC handle all aspects of family law. When possible, we work to minimize conflict in family law cases. However, when litigation is the only way to resolve problems arising from issues such as divorce, paternity and child custody battles, we are vigorous advocates for our clients.
To learn more about our legal services, please follow the links below:
- Divorce: Our Waukesha family law lawyers handle everything from simple, uncontested divorces to complex divorces involving high assets and closely held businesses.
- Legal separation and annulment : Many couples opt for a legal separation as an alternative to a divorce. Annulment is less common, but can be appropriate in certain situations.
- Child custody and placement (visitation) : We consider the unique circumstances of your life and the needs of your children to achieve your custody and placement (visitation) goals.
- Maintenance and spousal support : Spousal support or maintenance (alimony) payments are determined based on the facts of your case. We can help you make sure your maintenance order is fair and consistent with Wisconsin law.
- Child support : In any family law matter, our primary concern is what is in the best interests of the child involved. Wisconsin law requires both parents to support their children according to state mandated child support guidelines.
- Post-judgment disputes and modifications : When circumstances change after the final divorce or paternity decree, it is possible to modify support, placement (visitation) or maintenance orders under certain circumstances. We can help you determine what is appropriate given the facts of your case.
- Paternity : The law requires a formal determination of paternity for the father to obtain parental rights and to protect the interests of the child. This could include custody, visitation (placement) and financial orders.
- Restraining orders : Law enforcement takes charges of domestic violence very seriously and the court system offers remedies such as restraining orders for victims. If you have been abused by your spouse or you are the parent of child who has been abused, we can help obtain restraining orders to keep you and your family safe. We also help protect your rights if you are the subject of a restraining order.
- Cooperative and collaborative divorce : We offer collaborative and cooperative divorce alternatives to extensive litigation in an effort to reduce the negative effects of a divorce on the parties and the children.
Contact a Milwaukee Child Custody and Support Lawyer
Located in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, Nelson & Davis, LLC, serves the greater Milwaukee area. To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our family attorneys, contact us at (414) 258-1644.
We accept most credit cards